Started with the recipe from baking the goods: lemon olive oil cake. My batter was super thin and dripping out of my pan. So had to open the oven way to many times to clean up and place something under it to catch the drip. Also took the cake out of the oven way to soon so it was still a bit wet and dense. Regardless I loved loved the taste! Started to look online for more recipes for lemon cakes. After searching and looking at different recipes I tried again.
This time I used butter instead of olive oil. And more baking powder. The smell out of the oven was amazing! When it was time to take the cake out and cut it I was super happy with the end results.
Hope you all enjoy baking this one too.
- 175 gram unsalted butter, very soft. And some extra for greasing the tin.
- 250 gram cane sugar
- 1 lemon
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 250 gram cake flour or regular flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 115 ml milk, at room temperature
- Preheat the oven at 350 F. Prep a loaf pan with butter. Then cut a long strip of parchment the width of the loaf pan. Press the paper into the loaf pan so it covers the base and the sides.
- Put the soft butter and sugar in the mixing bowl.
- In a mixing bowl, sift and add the flour, baking powder. Wisk in the lemon zest.
- Mix the butter and sugar till the sugar is fully incorporated in the butter. After that add one egg at the time and mix well after each egg.
- When everything is well combined mix in the flour mixture in 3 additions.
- Add the milk and the juice of the one lemon and mix until it is incorporated.
- Pour the batter in the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then remove from the pan and sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.